I. THE ROAD TO HBS
1. My personal road to HBS
2. Prerequisites to getting into Harvard Business school…
3. The G-what? The GMAT? Or the G-CAT?!
4. The HBS essays – be more than just a GMAT number!
5. On Sale – me, myself, my CV, my recommendations and I
6. The HBS interview – four eyes see more than just two
7. The acceptance letter and the change in power balance – now YOU are in control!
8. More work at the horizon – the start of the HBS checklists…
II. GETTING AROUND: THE FIRST COUPLE OF WEEKS AT HARVARD
9. Made it to Cambridge? On your marks, get set,…
10. Welcome aboard your MBA program – meeting your section
11. Finding your home in the HBS classroom
12. HBS Section Retreat – learning the basics of non-academic HBS life
13. HBS Diversity – or not quite?
14. Classroom decorations
15. Anatomy of a HBS classroom
16. Section leadership and section elections
17. Living in the USA
III. HBS ‘ROUTINE’
18. HBS timing… When? Where? What?…
19. The 8AM test-run – the HBS discussion groups
20. Cold feet for the HBS cold call
21. HBS cases – don’t miss your intro! And don’t forget to prepare your case!
22. HBS punctuality – “Better three hours too soon than a minute too late” (Shakespeare)
23. Is it really only cases?
24. The HBS class scribes – terror or blessing in disguise?
25. Skydeck – putting the “HA!” in “HARVARD!”
26. HBS clothing – dress to impress
27. HBS Class visitors – a long-tail distribution
28. HBS Professors – do they know?
29. The HBS paper factory
30. The rich and famous
31. Second year at HBS – last but not least?
32. Say Thanks initiative – the new kid on the block!
33. Disrupting the routine of the HBS machine – it takes a disaster
IV. WHAT HAPPENS OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM, STAYS OUTSIDE THE CLASSROOM
34. The HBS club fair – sign up for your future friends HERE!
35. HBS talents – more than just brainpower at the HBS Show
36. The biggest enemy – Yale
37. The SA Cup – play for fun and/or to win
38. Breakfast with the Dean – Starbucks is coming to town!?!
39. HBS breaks – work hard and/or play hard
40. The HBS tag (summer) cloud – I know what HBS students did last summer
41. The Harvard Innovation Lab – Palo Alto on the East Coast
V. GIVING HBS A BAD NAME
42. Ethics at HBS – let’s not repeat the same mistakes twice
43. Being part of HBS – respecting the norms
44. Party tickets shortage – let’s make a profit then?
45. Some rumors on “Section X”…and The Black & White society
46. HBS commitment – sign up now / decide later
VI. THE REMARKABLE HBS ASSETS
47. The HBS facilities – not the average cafeteria and gym
48. Overpriced sushi and Crimson cash to pay for it!
49. The Harbus – the one source of information for all that’s crucial in (campus) life
50. The Harvard Crimson
51. The HBS Nobel prize winning algorithm – how to impress the machine, not the humans…
52. The HBS electives’ wheel of fortune…
53. HBS has award-winning algorithms… so what’s the deal with all of these lotteries?
54. HBS Spotlight series – what job are students hiring HBS for?
55. HBS conferences
VII. SOME OF THE DEFINING MOMENTS AT HBS
56. The international student – the documentation issue
57. TOM – jumping cranberries! And Other Star Cases…
58. ALD – don’t cry for me HBS
59. Schultz is a hypocrite (and other comments in class that were worth writing down)
60. My big fat simulation
61. FIELD2 in Ghana: in the name of the rose!
62. Ain’t no party like a Euro Club party
63. FIELD3 – the cradle for the next Facebook!?!
64. And my winner is… BGIE!?
65. W50 – celebrating 50 years of women at HBS
VIII. THE MBA – PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE
66. The offline MBA – from the classroom to the real world and back
68. The online MBA – professors at HBS disagree (Porter vs Christensen)
69. What is the real value of an MBA? And is it worth the cost?
70. Should MBA programs specialize? The case of some top MBA programs
71. The MBA ranking – my personal way of ranking programs
72. London School of Exploitation – time to question our schooling system?
IX. THE HARVARD BRAND AND ITS PERKS AND DISADVANTAGES
73. John Harvard
74. The H-bomb
75. The business of business schools – does HBS lead the pack?
77. TGIFs – the early day introduction to the food sponsors
78. Recruiting perks
79. Showing the love – SWAG
80. Fancy HBS parties – the HBS party location hunt
81. The Entrepreneurial and Venture Capital Treks… Will the next Steve Jobs please stand up!
82. HBS spotting…
X. DON’T FORGET – IT’S ALL ABOUT GETTING A JOB…
83. Offline recruiting resources – CPD
84. Online recruiting resources
85. Going offline for the interview – the art of herding the HBS cattle
86. Summer internships
87. The consulting and investment banking jobs…
88. Recruiting hell – those who struggle to make it…
89. HBS as a job creator
90. My own recruiting path – back to where I came from…
91. Spread the seed! Where do HBS students end up in the world? And are they rich?
XI. DON’T FORGET – IT’S ALL ABOUT GETTING A PARTNER…
92. Dating life at HBS (and surroundings)
93. The story of a cute international woman at HBS
94. The story of a good looking international guy at HBS
95. And then there are those that arrived having a partner already…
96. Sexual harassment at HBS
XII. HBS GRADES – DO THEY MATTER?
97. HBS: standing out before and during the MBA
98. HBS exams and how to best prepare for them
99. The first Harvard midterms – do I really belong here?
100. Creative ways of grading – beyond class participation
101. The honors for the not-so-honor-able…
XIII. HBS’S NATURAL ENVIRONMENT – CAMBRIDGE AND SURROUNDINGS
102. More than just a place to study – also a place to live!
103. Getting around the HBS campus
104. The HBS campus surroundings
105. The Coop – a Harvard/MIT landmark
106. Students’ favorite hangouts
107. There are brains on the other side of the river – MIT
108. Getting around Cambridge
109. Event-mania – Cambridge as a great (non-alcoholic) host
110. Technology is the new… natural environment at HBS?
111. Boston – home to big brains and strong muscles!
XIV. AND NOW, THE END IS NEAR…
112. The final class of the year – an emotional moment for students…
113. The final class of the year – an emotional moment for professors…
114. HBS commencement – a jump into a new life… and into the River Charles
115. Moving out time!
XV. THE AFTERLIFE 144
116. The Harvard Alumni Association – online and offline presence
117. HBS donations – philanthropy and/or personal marketing?!?
118. Now what did I actually learn at HBS?
119. Do you remember?
120. HBS relics from a HBS relic
121. Life as an alum – one year out…
XVI. SAYING THANKS…
XVII. ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS
122. Useful websites and services
123. My HBS application test scores
124. The essays that got me into HBS